Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Video Games & College Education

For as long as I can remember video games have been my passion. In my younger days I remember waiting for school to end just so that I can rush to my house and turn on my PlayStation. Seems like I never grew out of that, even now that I am going to a local University which is far more important cannot stop me from rushing home after class just to ignite my all powerful gaming boner. Even as I write this I have stop myself occasionally just to play some games. It seems like I cannot stop thinking of games (Tomb Raider is awesome) even if I  have a major exam the next day.

It also seems that this addiction has possibly made me a virtuoso of procrastination. I cannot count the amount of times that I have studied in the last minute or turned an assignment literally seconds before it could be turned in. Just knowing that there is a fascinating game waiting to be played can make studying the most boring thing I have to do in my life, even school is obviously more important. This makes my school tasks to become forceful and can feel like the only reason to complete them is just so you can hope back in and play yet again. 

I do not believe that anyone who can truly understand how fruitful and addicting games can become will be able to ignore them just to study countless hours  for a test unless of coarse someone had a gun to your head and told you to study. My point is that if you can truly understand the fascination and level of pleasure a video game can bring to you while knowing that you have the ability to play them, well you will most likely spend most of your time playing them, and ignore some of the things in life that may matter more in the long run. If someone can find a way to stop playing games without killing themselves, well I must say that you must have the mentality of  God himself to control those urges. 






No comments:

Post a Comment